Friday, August 21, 2009

Paintball

I figured I would update while I had the chance rather than waiting forever and forgetting things. So...here it goes.

1.) We made it home from Yaya safely yesterday. Haha.

2.) Yesterday afternoon we got to hang out with Faith for a bit. That was cool because we haven't really gotten a chance to talk with her much. She is soooo funny and amazing. She will be going to school in South Africa starting in January. She wants to major in psychology (Claire, you would love her).

3.) Last night we went to a party at the groom's home. It was really interesting because there were Ugandans (groom's family) and Kenyans (bride's family). It was just funny to see the differences. The Ugandans apparently like to party. They dress up very nicely and like to dance. There is sure to be much more of that at the wedding tomorrow. The kids hung out in the corner and watched. I got to spend some time getting to know Steve. He is a cool kid and constantly complaining that he is getting old. He will be 25 next week and is worried that he is going to be 'old and boring like Ima'.

4.) Once we got home last night, we got the pleasure of learning how to take out a weave. Mercy had about 5 sets of hands in her hair taking out the weave. It was an interesting experience.

5.) This afternoon we actually went paintballing. This was my first time, and it was pretty cool. I didn't really realize how much it would hurt. I am pretty sure I will have some massive bruises, but I am glad that I did it.

6.) After we paintballed, we went over to this bridge that you pay to walk over. I have no idea why anyone would voluntarily do such a thing. This bridge was ridiculous. There was wire on the bottom and up the sides and some rope to hold on to. It rocked and was about a foot wide and spanning over a canyon. Not cool. The group made me do it. It was by force though. Wow. Sooooo frightening.

7.) The dress rehersal for the wedding is going on right now, but we are hanging out at Yaya with K-1 instead of going. Yaya is the bomb. There is a restaurant called Java and they have the best fries. So delicious.

8.) Wedding tomorrow! Weddings here are a much larger affair than they are in the States I think. There are supposedly going to be 400-500 people there. The wedding is at 12 or 1 I think and then the reception starts at 5. Then there will be a dance. At least this is my understanding. It should be interesting.

Love you. Miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment