Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Hardest Part Is Letting Go

So.

As most of you probably know, I am leaving for a four month adventure in Africa tomorrow. I am both incredibly excited and extremely nervous. I have tried to occupy myself as much as possible for the past few weeks so I wouldn't freak out too much. However, the time has come. Tomorrow I will be leaving Kansas City at 1:20, commencing a series of 3 flights totaling about 18 hours, with the final destination Nairobi, Kenya.

Apparently I have done a poor job of explaining my upcoming trip, so here is a synopsis:

I will be traveling with a friend from JBU, Kate Dorsey, to Kenya. Here our friend, Mercy (also from JBU), has kindly offered to let us to stay in her home. We will meet her family and friends as well as do some touristy things for a couple weeks. Hopefully this will be a good transition time for the two of us as we prepare for Uganda.

On August 25, Kate and I will fly to Entebbe, Uganda and meet up with the remainder of the group that will be studying with us for the semester. From there we will travel to Mukono, Uganda and be studying at Uganda Christian University for the semester. I have chosen to stay with a host family, while Kate will be staying in the dorms.

I am so thankful that I have been blessed with the chance to participate in this amazing adventure. I am so excited to see what God will teach me in these next months. This is a wonderful opportunity and I pray that I will make the most of it and embrace the new culture, regardless of my own comfort. I pray that God will open my eyes and help me to shed the layers of fog that have been blinding me from seeing others as He does.

Thank you all so much for your support and I would ask that you please remember me in your prayers. I am absolutely terrified! I love you all and will miss you immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment